If you are moving into an existing residence or commercial building, unless the premises have been disconnected for more than six months, all you will need to do is advise your preferred electricity retailer.
However, there are a number of situations where getting connected (or disconnected) requires Wellington Electricity’s involvement. Examples of these include:
- Building a new property that doesn’t currently have a connection
- Arranging a temporary connection whilst a property is being built
- Moving into a premise that has been disconnected for more than six months
- Subdividing land
- Installing a permanent back-up generator and generator safety
- Converting from overhead lines to underground cables
- Where changes need to be made to the capacity of supply
- Arranging for a temporary disconnection
- Arranging for a permanent disconnection, for example removal or demolition of a building
Impacts to Connections Activity Under COVID-19
Under COVID-19 Alert Level 4 we will be deferring non-essential connections-related work. Your understanding in helping us limit the spread of COVID-19 is appreciated.