Electric and magnetic fields are produced by any wiring or equipment carrying electric current. Common sources of electromagnetic fields include power lines, household electrical wiring, motor-driven instruments, computer screens, telecommunications and broadcasting facilities, and mobile telephones.
Wellington Electricity is committed to meeting our responsibilities to our customers, employees, and the community in managing Electromagnetic fields (EMF) issues safely, and complying with all regulated requirements of relevant independent authorities.
We design and operate our facilities within current health guidelines as established by New Zealand and international health authorities and keep a close watch on scientific and policy developments in regard to electromagnetic fields.
In all aspects, we remain committed to acting in the best interests of our customers and the communities we serve.
Find out more about EMF's
- Visit the New Zealand Ministry of Health's website
- Read the Ministry of Health's report on Electromagnetic Fields and your Health
- Visit the World Health Organisation's website
- Read the World Health Organisation's fact sheet or full report on the health effects of exposure to extremely low frequency electric and magnetic fields
- Visit the International Commission on Non-Ionising Radiation Protection (ICNIRP) website. ICNIRP is a body of independent scientific experts coming together to address the possible effect on human health due to exposure to non-ionizing radiation