We already have plans in place for handing different types of events and have been taking action in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. The steps we are taking will make sure we are able to quickly respond to events and continue to provide our customers with a safe, reliable electricity supply.
Our first commitment is to ensure that our people are kept safe as many of them play critical roles in keeping the lights on and energy flowing for the Wellington region. Like many other companies, we have:
- suspended any non-critical business-related international travel
- asked any of our people who have travelled overseas recently to work from home until they are cleared to return to work
- asked any of our staff who are feeling unwell to stay at home - making sure that they take care of themselves and to avoid putting any of their colleagues at risk
- are asking any potential visitors to our building to reschedule meetings or consider holding them via phone or teleconference
- taken additional cleaning measures around the business to ensure that our workplace is kept as clean and safe as possible
In addition to these steps we have brought extra stocks of critical spares into the region. We already test our capability to work from our back-up site (and from home) if we need to use larger working separation distances between our people as a way to reduce the risk of contamination.
We will continue to pay close attention to public health messages and will be taking all necessary steps to ensure we continue to provide service to our customers and the region.