As a lifeline utility, Wellington Electricity will maintain essential operations while the New Zealand Government requires adherence to COVID-19 response at Alert Level 4. We wanted to update you on steps we are taking.
We’ve done a lot of preparation to protect the wellbeing of our people and ensure that essential services remain being provided to the community.
We intend to maintain high levels of supply security and reliability, with some changes required to protect the health of our people and the public.
- All Wellington Electricity staff and their contractors will be working at home, except key personnel. We will continue to be contactable by phone and email.
- We will continue to provide response to faults and emergencies as well as carry out essential safety and reliability work on the network.
- While New Zealand remains at COVID-19 Alert Level 4, we will require our contractors to defer all non-essential work on the network, including reduction in planned work and the majority of customer connection work which is not related to essential services.
- During this period, we plan to limit planned power outages, unless it is for essential safety or reliability related work.
- No visitors are allowed into our office in Petone, all business will be via phone to protect critical staff. Please call us first on telephone 0800 248 148 to discuss your query.
Our response has been made to protect our team, our contractors and members of the public to ensure we remain healthy to provide essential power restoration services to our community. We continue to monitor the situation and will update you as it changes.
For official advice on COVID-19 from the New Zealand Government, visit www.covid19.govt.nz.
Please contact us if you need any further information about our response, over the coming weeks.
We’ll get through this together. Please take care of each other, be patient and be kind.
Chief Executive Officer